Job Type: Temporary
Salary: per hour
Sector: Administration & Secretarial
Hours of work: Full Time
Job Reference: SIM-H-L-11413
Job posted: 21 days ago
Applications close: 01 December 2017
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Supply Improvement Manager to join a well-established 3PL logistics business based in Desford Leicestershire. On a temporary on-going basis this could be the perfect move for you!
The key aim of this job role is Reporting to the Strategic / Operational Planning Supervisor this role will manage and lead the Supplier Recovery Plans for selected Suppliers in support of achieving improved parts service availability. This includes implementation of supply chain strategies to effectively manage a portfolio strategic vendors ensuring key deliverables are achieved in line with the client's expectations for new model launch.
The key duties for the Supply Improvement Manager are:
Managing approximately 15 vendors you will be responsible for:
- Identifying opportunities for improvement within external and internal supply chain processes and systems. Prioritise these opportunities, and drive change projects to conclusion.
- Data gathering and root cause analysis of issues affecting supply.
- Identification of the root cause of the performance gaps and facilitating a team based approach to corrective action.
- To manage supplier performance against agreed metrics and targets in line with the clients expectations.
- Updating the senior Management team through written reporting on progress of suppliers and corrective action plans.
This position requires frequent travel within U.K. To supplier facilities, predominantly UK based. A Full U.K. Driving Licence is required.
The successful Supply Improvement Manager should have the following:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to effectively and efficiently work across multiple functional departments Demonstrate experience of project management techniques
- Working knowledge of logistics / Supply chain best practices
- Strong project leadership / management skills will be fundamental
- Detail oriented, display a sense of urgency and diplomacy and have strong customer focus
- Ability to use initiative and be solutions focused
- Proven experience of working within suppliers
The pay rate will be £13.50 to £14.00 per hour dependant on experience.
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm.
If you are an experienced Supply Manager, Project Manager, Improvement Planner, Supply Chain Manager, Office Planner, Model Planner, Office Coordinator, Facilities Support or Client Liaison then please press apply today!
Where is this job?
The job is located at Leicestershire, LE9 9JU