Job Type: Temp to Perm
Salary: Per Hour
Sector: Manufacturing & Engineering
Hours of work: Full Time
Job Reference: PODS-H-L-12016
Job posted: 19 days ago
Applications close: 25 December 2017
Are you a Production Operative looking to join a family run business? This company is one of the UK's top 3 manufacturers of fitted furniture. We are looking for temporary Production Operatives to start immediately with the potential of permanent work after a probationary period. In return we can offer a manual handling induction inclusive of health and safety procedures, on-site parking, canteen facilities and on-site training day to day.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, hardworking Production Operative to join the team. You must be able to work within a fast paced environment and communicate effectively with team members and management.
The main duties of the successful Production Operative may include:
- Assembly of furniture ready for packing and dispatch
- Glue spraying
- Machine Operating - loading of press machines, operating machines, quality checking
- Dispatch - picking orders to send to customers
- Packing of furniture correctly ready for dispatch which will involve heavy lifting
- Loading of vehicles
The successful Production Operative will have the following:
- Previous experience within a production / manufacturing environment
- Previous experience as a machine operative advantageous
- Excellent time keeping, attendance and work ethic
- Ability to work at a fast pace and sustain accuracy
- Must be physically fit due to heavy lifting
Hours of work:
Monday-Thursday 7.00-16.00 and 7.00-13.00 Friday
The pay is £7.50 per hour rising to £8.22 per hour after 12 weeks.
This position would be suitable for people who have previously worked as a Production Operative, Packer, Assembly Operative, Machine Operative, Dispatch Operative, or Loader.
Where is this job?
The job is located at Leicestershire, LE10 3QQ