Job Type: Temporary
Salary: Per hour
Sector: Administration & Secretarial
Hours of work: Full Time
Job Reference: MP-H-L-10238
Job posted: 20 days ago
Applications close: 27 October 2017
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Material Planner to join a well-established 3PL logistics business based in Desford Leicestershire. On a temporary on-going basis this could be the perfect move for you!
The key aim of this job role is to effectively manage a portfolio strategic vendors ensuring key deliverables are achieved in line with the client's expectations for new model launch.
The key duties for the Material Planner are:
- Direct interface with the supply base to manage and monitor the status of ordered parts/materials and expedite delivery of items to exceed client expectations up to and immediately post launch
- Work the new model parts summaries on a daily basis
- Ensure that the new model tracker status and comments are current at all times
- Establish root cause and work to resolve any issues which could affect supply of parts
- Liaison with engineering and aftermarket teams to monitor and progress new model parts approvals and status
- Escalate where appropriate any issues/areas needing attention
- Deliver agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) including stock in bin % at launch, ETA coverage, availability post launch
- Support supplier induction and supplier portal rollout
- Required to work closely with the Customer First, Purchasing, Inventory Management, Operations and Inbound Logistics teams
The successful Material Planner should have the following:
- Prior experience in or knowledge of Supply Chain with a proven track record in Material Planning
- Vendor management skills
- Strong planning & organising skills
- Good interpersonal skills including listening and questioning
- Excellent oral communication skills supported by good written skills
- Must be target driven, persistent, take ownership and be a self-starter.
- Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Access
- SAP knowledge is desirable but not essential
- Clean driving licence, supplier visits may be required in the UK.
- Must be confident in speaking to senior management within organisations
The pay rate will be £8.00 to £10.00 per hour dependant on experience.
The hours of work may vary between a 7.00am start to 6.00pm finish - Monday to Friday.
If you are an experienced Material Planner, Office Planner, Model Planner, Office Coordinator, Transport Planner or Client Liaison then please press apply today!
Where is this job?
The job is located at Leicestershire, LE9 9JU