Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Full Time
Job Reference: FLO1207
Job posted: 24 days ago
Applications close: 26 September 2017
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a HGV Class 2 Cat C Cylinder Driver to join our team based at our Carlisle site. In return, we offer a competitive salary, overtime, paid tachograph breaks, 33 days holiday and death in service benefit.
We are one of the leading LPG suppliers in the UK with over 30 years' experience providing alternative energy solutions to domestic and commercial customers.
The HGV Class 2 Cat C Cylinder Driver will report to the Site Manager and will be responsible for delivering gas cylinders to customers in and around the Carlisle area whilst providing excellent face to face customer service.
The key responsibilities of the HGV Class 2 Cat C Cylinder Driver role will include:
- Carrying out relevant daily vehicle checks and reporting defects as per Operational Procedures
- Completing all necessary paperwork ensuring accuracy standard is maintained
- Loading the vehicle in accordance with site procedures
- Be compliant with the driver's hours and tachograph regulations
- Meet company driver performance standards
- Contributing in developing customer base / reporting competitor activity in area
- Heavy manual handling required
The successful HGV Class 2 Cat C Cylinder Driver will have:
- A Cat C (HGV class 2) driving licence
- A driver qualification card (DCPC)
- Ideally, an ADR licence with minimum class 2 gases (other than in tanks)
- A flexible approach and willingness to work additional hours (including weekend working)
- Ability to work in a team or on own initiative
- Ideally, a Counterbalance Fork-Lift truck licence
- A personal commitment to health & safety
- A willingness to progress onto Tankers (with additional training)
The hours of work are 45 per week.
Please apply online to be considered for the HGV Class 2 Cat C Cylinder Driver role.