Job Type: Permanent
Salary: 45,000.00 - 50,000.00 per Year
Sector: Health & Social Care
Hours of work: Full Time
Job Reference: CGM
Job posted: 24 days ago
Applications close: 26 September 2017
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional Care & Governance Manager to ensure that our premium luxury retirement villages continue to provide high quality, safe and effective care to all of our residents. The Care & Governance Manager will develop and implement clinical assurance initiatives such as resident safety, incident management, clinical auditing & governance and best practice standards, to deliver the exceptional care and service our residents expect.
This is a home-based role requiring travel across the UK to our 7 operational villages and some nights away from home, with approximately one day per week at our office in Southam, Warwickshire.
Providing more than just retirement living, for 20 years our retirement villages have provided an aspirational lifestyle for our residents. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and first-class care, we are now seen as the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, our socially vibrant communities ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping to retain their 'zest for life' within elegant, tranquil surroundings. From our first village in Nantwich, Cheshire, to our latest in Aston on Trent, Derbyshire, the quality, atmosphere and care shine through. We're also proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us.
About the role
- To support the delivery of practice and professional developments within our care homes and domiciliary care services to ensure safe and high quality care, managing clinical risk and achieving KPIs
- Identify and address quality issues and implement learning from any incidents, complaints, clinical audits and residents surveys
- Provide reports and evidence to ensure CQC compliance for Quality and Safety, monitor the Clinical Governance system and all clinical indicators
- Monitor and audit care implementation at all villages, promoting a person-centred approach to care, ensuring all audits and surveys are completed
- Provide practical support to villages on clinical governance and quality improvement advice
- Organise regular care and quality meetings at each village for clinical leads, and actively seek the views of residents, families and staff
- You will work closely with our management team to identify and drive the initiatives required to maintain resident safety, clinical performance and quality of life
- Ensure all villages meet required CQC standards, and promote a positive approach to safety and risk management by implementing health & safety policies
Who we're looking for
- A Registered General Nurse or Registered Mental Nurse with current valid PIN and experience of elderly care
- A subject matter expert in UK health & social care legislation, regulatory compliance, governance and the sharing of best practice
- Strong knowledge and understanding of monitoring and auditing care and quality
- Knowledge and experience of supervising and assessing drug rounds and maintaining accurate records
- A confident leader with exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, team working and organisational skills
- Experienced and confident in sharing specialist knowledge of clinical governance and auditing, aiding the learning and development of staff, and using ability to share learning and inspire others
Please apply online to be considered for this role.